I want to hold myself and other colleagues accountable for learning and implementing the material we are learning in our Post-doc Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology so that we will pass the Psychopharmacology Examination for Psychologists (AKA PEP) the first go-round.
Here is a brief introduction to what the heck all that means!
A Post-doc Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology is a post-doctoral degree that can only be obtained when the following prerequisites have been met:
- Licensed clinical psychologist
- BA in clinical psychology, sociology, or related field
- MA in psychology (can be obtained interim)
- Supervised by licensed clinician for 1500 pre-doc hours
- Doctorate in psychology (Either PsyD, or PhD)
- Sup. by licensed psychologist for 1500 post-doc hours
- Successful passing of the National Exam
- In the United States that is the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology, or EPPP
- Successful passing of the State Ethical Exam
- Preferred to be actively practicing as a psychologist
- Time, dedication and money for the course work ahead
- Passing of the Psychopharmacology Examination for Psychologists, the PEP
- In Louisiana, it is required to become licensed as a psychologist and medical psychologist, and
- Consult with a medical doctor, psychiatrist, or medical psychologist for 3 years
I hope this gives you a helpful introduction to the field of medical psychology, prescribing psychology, psychopharmacology, or otherwise known as pharmacopsychology — more on this next time!
Thanks for reading!
Sharing is caring,
Dr. Jen Chandler
- Careers in Psychology (antisocialghost.wordpress.com)
- Clinical Psychology (chopper711.wordpress.com)
- A Career in Psychology (livingmad.wordpress.com)
- How Do You Become a Clinical Psychologist? (izzybr2010.wordpress.com)
- Clinical psychology (rachelhill102.wordpress.com)
- Starting a Successful Practice in Clinical Psychology and Counseling (routledgementalhealth.com)
- What Type of Psychologist I Want to be (forgetyoutooman.wordpress.com)